Sympathy Quotes- Words Of Sympathy
April 16, 2020 | Life Quotes, Sympathy Quotes | No Comments|
Sympathy describe the act or capacity of sharing the feelings of pity and sorrow for someone else’s misfortune. Sympathy is concern in viewpoint from a personal perspective to the perspective of another group or individual who is in need. So, Sympathy Quotes help you to express sympathy in one way to provide comfort and peace of mind to someone who is mourning. Here are some famous Sympathy Quotes which help you want to express your own feelings.
Top 15 Best Sympathy Quotes
- Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
- My comfort in my suffering is this, your promise preserves my life.
- When we lose one we love, our bitterest tears are called forth by the memory of hours when we loved not enough.
- Prayers are the guiding light that helps overcome the sense of despair.
- It takes time for the absent to assume their true shape in our thoughts. After death they take on a firmer outline and then cease to change.
- Our life is scarce the twinkle of a star in God’s eternal day.
- They that love beyond the world cannot be separated by it. Death cannot kill what never dies.
- Dying is something we human beings do continuously, not just at the end of our physical lives on the earth.
- Where there is love there is life.
- Even the darkness is not dark to you the night is bright as the day, for darkness is as light with you.
- It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died.Rather we should thank God that such men lived.
- The beautiful impressions that Mary has left behind in our hearts and mind will always be adored.
- While grief is fresh, every attempt to divert only irritates. You must wait till it be digested, and then amusement will dissipate the remains of it.
- By the law of nature, there is no pleasure in suffering; but divine love, when it reigns in a heart, makes it take delight in its sufferings.
- In the night of death, hope sees a star, and listening love can hear the rustle of a wing.
- God put self-pity by the side of despair like the cure by the side of the disease.
Sympathy Quotes that Are Not About Death
- Never apologize for showing feeling.When you do so, you apologize for the truth.
- May the kindness and warmth of the gentle spirit of Emily always prevail over the fact that she is not with us anymore.
- In this sad world of ours, sorrow comes to all, and it comes with bitter agony. Perfect relief is not possible, except with the passing of time.
- When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure.
- He kept at true good humor’s mark The social flow of pleasure’s tide: He never made a brow look dark, Nor caused a tear, but when he died
- Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
- The fear of death follows from the fear of life.A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
- Cry your heart out; for the heart needs to weep to come to terms with the loss you are experiencing at this moment.
- Jesus, Thou art all compassion, pure unbounded love Thou art Visit us with Thy salvation, enter every trembling heart.
- While we are mourning the loss of our friend, others are rejoicing to meet him behind the veil.
- I’m not exactly sympathetic, but I do have a big heart. I have to, to be able to pump all the blood required to operate my massive penis.
- Never does one feel oneself so utterly helpless as in trying to speak comfort for great bereavement. I will not try it. Time is the only comforter for the loss of a mother.
- People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim.
Quotes for Loss of Soul
- Death is not a journey into an unknown land; it is a voyage home. We are going, not to a strange country, but to our fathers house.
- Love and death are the two great hinges on which all human sympathies turn.
- Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy.
- Remember me with smiles and laughter, for that is how I will remember you all. If you can only remember me with tears, then don’t remember me at all.
- The angels are always near to those who are grieving, to whisper to them that their loved ones are safe in the hand of God.
- Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength.
Sympathy Quotes By Famous Author
- “In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” ― Abraham Lincoln
- “People will forget what you said,people will forget what you did,but people will never forget how you made them feel.”- Maya Angelou
- “To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.”-Thomas Campbell
- “Next to love, Sympathy is the divinest passion of the human heart.”-Edmund Burke
- “If American men are obsessed with money, American women are obsessed with weight. The men talk of gain, the women talk of loss, and I do not know which talk is the more boring.” -Marya Mannes
- “May the blessings of love be upon you, May its peace abide with you, May its essence illuminate your heart, Now and forever more.”-Sufi Blessing
- “A human life is a story told by God.” -Hans Christian Andersen
- “Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” -Robert A. Heinlein
- “Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,love leaves a memory no one can steal.”- From a headstone in Ireland
- “While we are mourning the loss of our friend, others are rejoicing to meet him behind the veil.” -John Taylor
- “When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.”- Kahlil Gibran
- “AIDS can destroy a family if you let it, but luckily for my sister and me, Mom taught us to keep going. Don’t give up, be proud of who you are, and never feel sorry for yourself.”-Ryan White
- “For death is no more than a turning of us over from time to eternity .”-William Penn
- “A true friend doesn’t have guts; they beat you up and later plead with you to beat them back.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson
More Quotes By famous People
- “They say a person needs just three things to be truly happy in this world: someone to love, something to do, and something to hope for.” ― Tom Bodett
- “Life and death are one thread, the same line viewed from different sides.”- Lao Tzu
- “Love is eternal, the aspect may change, but not the essence.”-Vincent Van Gogh
- “All my life I still have found, and I will forget it never; Every sorrow hath its bound, and no cross endures forever.”-Paul Gerhardt
- “The only siblings I have are half-siblings. My nuclear family would have been an extra-suffocating threesome. Instead, I have an interesting brother and sister, in-laws, and darling nephews.”-Jane Smiley
- “Although no words can really help,To ease the loss you bear,Just know that you are very close in every thought and prayer.”-Anon
- “All sympathy not consistent with acknowledged virtue is but disguised selfishness.” -Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- “Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears.” ― John Lennon
- “Death is not extinguishing the light it is only putting out the lamp because the dawn has come.”- Rabindranath Tagore
- “When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.”- Kahil Gibran
- “In sorrow and suffering, go straight to God with confidence, and you will be strengthened, enlightened and instructed.”-Saint John
- “Although it’s difficult today to see beyond the sorrow, May looking back in memory help comfort you tomorrow.”-Author Unknown
- “Can I see another’s woe, and not be in sorrow too? Can I see another’s grief, and not seek for kind relief” -William Blake